Documents you need to take to your test

Documents you need to take to your test

If you don’t bring the right documents your test may be cancelled and you could lose your fee.

You must bring the following to both modules of the riding test:
your theory test pass certificate (or confirmation) if you’re not exempt from taking the theory test
both parts of your driving licence – the photocard and the paper counterpart
your compulsory basic training certificate (CBT)

Bring your module 1 test pass certificate to your module 2 test. Contact the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) straight away if you lose this – give as much notice as possible to make sure the right information is sent to the driving test centre in time.

DSA customer service centre
0300 200 1122
Monday to Friday, 8am to midday

If you have an old-style paper licence, you must take your signed driving licence and a valid passport. No other form of photographic identification is accepted.

If you’ve lost your driving licence

If you lose your driving licence, you’ll need to apply for a replacement. This could take up to 15 days. If this happens, you may have to rearrange your test.

If you’ve lost your theory test certificate

Contact DSA with your name and driving licence number as soon as possible. DSA doesn’t issue replacement certificates, but will send you a letter containing your certificate number.

DSA – theory test enquiries
Telephone: 0300 200 1122 (English), 0300 200 1133 (Welsh)
Textphone: 0300 200 1166
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm

04/07/2013 / by / in , ,

Leave a Reply